Hey Guys! Casey here, So I am here today to talk about a new feature I have come up with to put on the blog. If there are two things I do love in this world its Makeup and Reading. Weird combination? I THINK NOT. I had this idea what If I did a makeup look for every book I have read? (well almost every one). So It may be a weekly thing or monthly thing but I wanted to let you guys know that this is what I am going to do! so here is the first DR MAKEUP book inspired look:
Black City By Elizabeth Richards:
Summary: In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.
The reason I chose this look was because I was inspired by the Darklings in this novel. The misunderstood beautiful creatures who strive for blood and freedom.
Check my inspired look for them:
1. Take any pigmented Black eyeshadow and brush along your eyelids with a eyeshadow brush (or your finger)
2. Grab a blending brush and just blend like crazy over your eyelids so you end up looking like you have two black eyes.
3. Add some mascara to your eyelashes then place your eyelashes (with glue on them) ontop of your eyelids. You can use any eyelashes you dont have to use fancy feather ones, but bigger the better.
4. Once thats done get a thick Black eyeliner and run it under your eyes and start to smudge that with your finger or brush.
5. Next get a red liquid eyeliner and gently run the eyeliner brush down your cheeks from your water line (like you can see in the picture) if you are daring enough you can put the red liquid liner on your waterline to give it that more scary look.
6. Top your lips up with some black lipstick or any colour you want! And there you go my Darkling inspired Makeup look! :)
Black City Review
Now out on kindle in the UK HERE
More of these looks on books coming soon!